- 25 3” x 3” gauze pads
- 2 tubes antibiotic ointment
- Baby Tylenol
- Firm sleeping pillow
- 2 cloth diapers (or towels)
- 2 Tallis (prayer shawls) – optional
- Kosher sweet grape wine & kiddush cup
DAY OF BRIS — PRIOR TO BRIS
- Do not soak or use ointments, creams or lotions on bris area; sponge bath is o.k.
- Last feeding should be within the hour before the bris
- Dress baby in clothing which maybe opened from the bottom and wrap baby in receiving blanket
DAY OF BRIS — AFTER BRIS
- Apply antibiotic ointment on gauze and place on top of area at each diaper change
- Baby may lay in any position that seems comfortable (even on stomach)
- If baby is uncomfortable, you may give 1/2-dropperful (.4 ml) of liquid infant Tylenol
DAY AFTER THE BRIS
- Use antibiotic ointment on gauze over entire bris area at each diaper change for the next 2-3 days.
- The redness will subside in a few days; a soft, light-colored healing scab-tissue may form for several days. This is normal.